Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by mufc_fan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/18 09:32:14 UTC

dynamic reconfiguration of zookeeper servers

If I am running with 3 zookeeper servers in 3 different machines. If I want
to add two server, I have to edit zoo.cfg file in each machine (old 3
machines) and have to add the host name of these machines to that file. Is
there any dynamic reconfiguration of zookeeper servers?

RE: dynamic reconfiguration of zookeeper servers

Posted by Rakesh R <ra...@huawei.com>.
Hi,

Yeah, dynamic configuration is supported in ZooKeeper 3.5.0-alpha release onwards. Please visit the below release:

For ZooKeeper release details and downloads:
http://zookeeper.apache.org/releases.html

ZooKeeper 3.5.0-alpha Release Notes are at:
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.5.0-alpha/releasenotes.html

Also, recently I've seen Alexander Shraer and Hongchao Deng are actively working on this feature.

Regards,
Rakesh