Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2011/11/02 20:48:26 UTC

How To Contribute

In the vein of users become contributors become committers:

It seems there has been some spark of interest in contributing more, so I thought I would pass along a few pointers:

1.  https://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/how-to-contribute.html  -- Details how to submit patches, etc.  IDE codestyles at the bottom for Eclipse and IntelliJ

2.  If you're not sure what to work on, see JIRA.  We've also started to mark "intro" issues via the MAHOUT_INTRO_CONTRIBUTE tag: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=labels%20%3D%20MAHOUT_INTRO_CONTRIBUTE

Also feel free to jump in on the backlog (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT/fixforversion/12318886 -- just starting to be filled in) or on a the next version (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT/fixforversion/12316364)

3. If in doubt, ask on dev@mahout.apache.org

4. If you are interested in working towards being a committer, general guidelines are here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/How+To+Become+A+Committer

Cheers,
Grant

Re: How To Contribute

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.
On 02.11.2011 Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> In the vein of users become contributors become committers:
>
> It seems there has been some spark of interest in contributing more, so I
> thought I would pass along a few pointers:

Thanks for compiling these pointers - added the last three to our how-to-
contribute wiki page for reference.

Isabel