Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2013/06/28 09:37:28 UTC

[VOTE] Apache DOSGi 1.5.0 Release take two

The Apache CXF DOSGi sub project is the Reference Implementation of the
OSGi Remote Services and
Remote Services Admin Service specifications [1] which provide a
distributed computing model based around OSGi Services.

The CXF DOSGi 1.5.0 release contains the following fixes and improvements:

  * 25 issues resolved (see jira)
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOSGI/fixforversion/12323560#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aversion-issues-panel>
  * Single bundle distro was removed
  * CXF updated to 2.7.2
  * Many bug fixes
  * Some more refactorings

Migration:
For usage with felix it is now necessary to change the system package
exports like in karaf. The Multibundle distro contains the necessary config.

Also see the release notes:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/dosgi/tags/cxf-dosgi-ri-1.5.0/distribution/sources/src/main/release/release_notes.txt

Staging area:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecxf-085

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

Here's my +1.

Best regards,

Christian

[1] Chapters 13 and 122 in the OSGi 4.2 Enterprise Specification at
http://www.osgi.org/Download/Release4V42

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache DOSGi 1.5.0 Release take two

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
+1

Jeff

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: [VOTE] Apache DOSGi 1.5.0 Release take two

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
+1

Jeff

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks, Sergey
> The Apache CXF DOSGi sub project is the Reference Implementation of the
> OSGi Remote Services and
> Remote Services Admin Service specifications [1] which provide a
> distributed computing model based around OSGi Services.
>
> The CXF DOSGi 1.5.0 release contains the following fixes and improvements:
>
>   * 25 issues resolved (see jira)
>
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOSGI/fixforversion/12323560#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aversion-issues-panel>
>
>   * Single bundle distro was removed
>   * CXF updated to 2.7.2
>   * Many bug fixes
>   * Some more refactorings
>
> Migration:
> For usage with felix it is now necessary to change the system package
> exports like in karaf. The Multibundle distro contains the necessary
> config.
>
> Also see the release notes:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/dosgi/tags/cxf-dosgi-ri-1.5.0/distribution/sources/src/main/release/release_notes.txt
>

> Staging area:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecxf-085

> Here's my +1.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Christian
>
> [1] Chapters 13 and 122 in the OSGi 4.2 Enterprise Specification at
> http://www.osgi.org/Download/Release4V42

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

Blog: http://sberyozkin.blogspot.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache DOSGi 1.5.0 Release take two

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
This vote passes with 5 binding +1 votes and 1 non binding +1 vote.
I have promoted the artifacts and will update the web site shortly.

Christian

Posted by Andrei Shakirin <as...@talend.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.