Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Eric SCHAEFFER <ES...@Techmetrix.net> on 2000/12/01 11:59:50 UTC

C2 Sitemap - Using a rule based engine ?

Hi all,

Just a question:

Have you ever think about using a rule based engine or expert system for the
sitemap ? It would make it more configurable, and Cocoon would benefit from
the great work that is done on this subject...

Eric.

Eric SCHAEFFER
Consultant TechMetrix Research
http://www.techmetrix.net
Groupe SQLi
http://www.sqli.com
Créateurs de sites intelligents depuis 1995

Re: C2 Sitemap - Using a rule based engine ?

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.
Hi Eric,

On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 11:59:50AM +0100, Eric SCHAEFFER wrote:
> Have you ever think about using a rule based engine or expert system for the
> sitemap ? It would make it more configurable, and Cocoon would benefit from
> the great work that is done on this subject...

Can you elaborate a little on how you think this applies to
Cocoon? I'm familiar with the concepts of rule based engines
(explicit decision based AI?) and expert systems (implicit
decision based AI?) but I'm not entirely sure how you visualise
this fitting into the Cocoon framework...?

P.
--
Paul Russell                               <pa...@luminas.co.uk>
Luminas Ltd.