Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net> on 2001/06/01 18:54:01 UTC

Previous 'spam' announcement.

I've, for once, passed an announcement which is relatively on-topic; but
still can be seen as spam through as an experiment.

The reason for doing this is that this list gets about 2-3 of these a
month; which are clearly on-topic and relevant - and I'd like to sollicit
input as to what I should moderate through, and what not.

Would most people consider this positive to let through, negative,
do-not-care, or do people feel that this never should go through as you
should subsribe direct with those folks ?

Dw

Re: Previous 'spam' announcement.

Posted by Martin Stricker <sh...@gmx.de>.
Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> I've, for once, passed an announcement which is relatively on-topic;
> but still can be seen as spam through as an experiment.
>
> The reason for doing this is that this list gets about 2-3 of these a
> month; which are clearly on-topic and relevant - and I'd like to
> sollicit input as to what I should moderate through, and what not.
>
> Would most people consider this positive to let through, negative,
> do-not-care, or do people feel that this never should go through as
> you should subsribe direct with those folks ?

As long as they are on topic, I have no problem with them. And if they
learn not to post HTML (as this one did, see his second posting), I'd be
rather happy.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker