Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/20 21:32:03 UTC

[DISCUSS] Resolution to graduate the incubating Apache Trafodion Project

The community of the incubating Apache Trafodion Project has discussed and
voted on graduating from incubating. Following instructions from the
graduation guide, this thread is for discussion.

The thread of the community discussion can be found here: [DISCUSSION]
Graduation of The (incubating) Apache Trafodion Project
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8e00251a72a5e3f667fbcfc319c0213ad86ff21839e98e0ae68520e3@%3Cdev.trafodion.apache.org%3E>

The thread of the community vote can be found here: [VOTE] Graduate from
Incubator and become a top-level project
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/86fc81f780840d5392b161572281f803a1585d398d7820b26be9a255@%3Cdev.trafodion.apache.org%3E>
,
and the call of the result here: [RESULT][VOTE] Graduate from Incubator and
become a top-level project
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/9438b5d92667e7c4a2a58356bcd91256302cf98fe212909fefb8e76f@%3Cdev.trafodion.apache.org%3E>

*The proposed resolution of the (incubating) Apache Trafodion Project:*

Establish the Apache Trafodion Project

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish
a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public,
related to Apache Trafodion is a webscale SQL-on-Hadoop solution
enabling transactional or operational workloads on Hadoop. Trafodion
builds on the scalability, elasticity, and flexibility of Hadoop.
Trafodion extends Hadoop to provide guaranteed transactional integrity,
enabling new kinds of big data applications to run on Hadoop.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
(PMC), to be known as the "Apache Trafodion Project", be and hereby is
established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Trafodion Project be and hereby is responsible
for the creation and maintenance of software related to Apache Trafodion
is a webscale SQL-on-Hadoop solution enabling transactional or
operational workloads on Hadoop. Trafodion builds on the scalability,
elasticity, and flexibility of Hadoop. Trafodion extends Hadoop to
provide guaranteed transactional integrity, enabling new kinds of big
data applications to run on Hadoop; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Trafodion" be and
hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache Trafodion
Project, and to have primary responsibility for management of the
projects within the scope of responsibility of the Apache Trafodion
Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache Trafodion
Project:

 * Amanda K Moran     <am...@apache.org>
 * Dave Birdsall      <db...@apache.org>
 * Gunnar Tapper      <gt...@apache.org>
 * Ming Liu           <li...@apache.org>
 * Pierre Smits       <pi...@apache.org>
 * Roberta Marton     <rm...@apache.org>
 * Selva Govindarajan <se...@apache.org>
 * Steve Varnau       <sv...@apache.org>
 * Suresh Subbiah     <su...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Pierre Smits be appointed
to the office of Vice President, Apache Trafodion, to serve in
accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be
it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Trafodion Project be and hereby is tasked with
the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Trafodion
podling; and be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
Trafodion podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are hereafter
discharged.

Please provide your feedback on this proposed graduation resolution by the
Trafodion community below. We are hoping to reach a consensus here before
we start a recommendation vote.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OEM - The OFBiz Extensions Marketplace1
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
1 not affiliated to (and not endorsed by) the OFBiz project

Re: [DISCUSS] Resolution to graduate the incubating Apache Trafodion Project

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the feedback. I will work on getting a new description
available shortly.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OEM - The OFBiz Extensions Marketplace1
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
1 not affiliated to (and not endorsed by) the OFBiz project

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

This thread has now been running for about 8 days, and discussions seems to
have died down.

As nothing new has come forward, I close this discussion and start the
subsequent call to vote on the graduation in a new thread. This new thread
will contain the adjusted draft resolution as per agreed changes in this
tread.

Thank to all of you who participated in the discussion.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pierre,

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi all.

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache Trafodion Project be and hereby is tasked with
> the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Trafodion
> podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
> Trafodion podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are hereafter
> discharged.
>

> Please provide your feedback on this proposed graduation resolution by the
> Trafodion community below. We are hoping to reach a consensus here before
> we start a recommendation vote.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Pierre Smits
>
> ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
> OFBiz based solutions & services
>
> OEM - The OFBiz Extensions Marketplace1
> http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
> 1 not affiliated to (and not endorsed by) the OFBiz project

Gunnar