Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Hamdi THABET <ha...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/18 19:21:51 UTC

Idea for OM 3.0

We can add the role of "Reporter" in the meeting context (or merge it with
moderator role). For example a moderator have the privilege of designating a
participant as a reporter for the meeting and this reporter has the
possibility to generate at the end of the meeting a report automatically
(with label in the menu) in PDF file for example.

This report will contain: Name of the meeting + start and end time + date +
list of participants + moderator(s) name(s) + chat log + names of
transferred files on the white board.

I think that reporting is very important in every professional meeting.
Is it a good idea to work on it ?

Re: Idea for OM 3.0

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Yes,

sounds good. However we might discuss it a bit more.

How do you intend to generate the PDF? If you are going to propose to use a
library here you have to keep in mind that it should be compatible to
Apache License, otherwise we can't include it in our releases.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock