Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bruno Haas <gr...@laposte.net> on 2005/04/20 18:48:10 UTC

Page property does not persist if not attached to a form

Hi,

I'm having a hard time figuring this out. I have a property on a page:

<property-specification name="user" type="foo.User" persistent="yes">
        new foo.User()
</property-specification>

If I attach elements of this property to a form like that:

<input jwcid="@TextField" value="ognl:user.name" />

the property persists from page view to page view which is fine.

On the other hand, if I don't use my property in the html, it is not
persisted (i.e the user.name field is always going to go back to blank
???). Could anybody explain this behaviour ?

Thanks
Bruno