Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Pranay Agarwal <ag...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/10 03:38:18 UTC

Cassandra Bulk loader, serious issue

Hi All,

I used sstableloader to export data from first cassandra cluster (RF 3) to
another cluster with RF 1. Afther all the tables were copied and second
cluster was working fine I decided to run node repair on the second cluster
as regular operation. *This repair cause the data size on the second
cluster to go up almost 3 times . *

Does it mean, the original data was further replicated 3 times and which
means which row is now with 9 replicas!!

Please help. Doc says sstableloader can be used with different RF factor.
Where did I go wrong?
http://datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/2.1/cassandra/tools/toolsBulkloader_t.html

-Pranay