Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Mahmoud Sakr <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2022/02/23 11:38:13 UTC

Mapping GS1 data to OfBbiz models

Hi,

We have requirements to map GS1 data (listed here: https://gpc-browser.gs1.org ) to Ofbiz models

In GS1 data we have the following Hierarchy:

Segment (1)---->(*) Family  (1)---->(*) Class (1)---->(*) Brick  (1)---->(*) Attribute  (1)---->(*) Attribute Value

My question how to map the above hierarchy to Ofbiz models:

Catalog, category, product, feature, attribute

This is a screenshot of sample GS1 segment

[cid:2FBC05F5-C879-4B2F-B1B7-C0E313D8AD1A]

Appreciate your help

Regards,
Mahmoud Sakr

Re: Mapping GS1 data to OfBbiz models

Posted by Mahmoud Sakr <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Yashwant,

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry it’s not clear, to clarify, suppose we have the following hierarchy

Segment (1)---->(*) Family  (1)---->(*) Class (1)---->(*) Brick  (1)---->(*) Attribute  (1)---->(*) Attribute Value

I want to know in Ofbiz , what is mapped to the following:

GS1 Model :  Ofbiz Model
Segment: :
Family:
Class:
Brick:
Attribute:
Attribute Value:

For example, it may be as following and correct me if I’m wrong:

GS1 Model : Ofbiz Model
Segment: : Catalog
Family: : Category
Class: : Product Type
Brick: : Product
Attribute: : Feature type
Attribute Value: : Feature category

If the above mapping is not correct, please correct me.

You can find example of GS1 data here https://gpc-browser.gs1.org

Regards,
Mahmoud Sakr

On 23 Feb 2022, at 3:49 PM, Yashwant Dhakad <ya...@hotwaxsystems.com>> wrote:

Hi Mahmoud,
You can use product_category and link these subcategories
with product_category_rollup and for the attribute, you can
use product_category_attribute.

--
Kind Regards,
Yashwant Dhakad