Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by tysli2016 <To...@cityline.com.hk> on 2017/05/08 07:09:40 UTC

Re: Ignite 1.6.0 suspected memory leak from DynamicCacheDescriptor

reproduced the OOME, the heap dump here
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwY2dxDlRYhBMEhmckpWeHg1bjg?usp=sharing

Re: Ignite 1.6.0 suspected memory leak from DynamicCacheDescriptor

Posted by Rishi Yagnik <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hello Val,

We figure out the issue with the help of ignite engineers that is as
follows -

-DIGNITE_AFFINITY_HISTORY_SIZE=500

Thank you for all your help..
Rishi

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 1:23 PM, ignite_user2016 <ri...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Val..
>
> Thanks, will try out and let you know ...
>
> On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 12:25 PM, vkulichenko [via Apache Ignite Users] <[hidden
> email] <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=14495&i=0>> wrote:
>
>> Hi Rishi,
>>
>> ignite.cluster().nodes() will give the list of nodes and full information
>> about topology. Will this work for you?
>>
>> -Val

>> NAML
>> <http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
>>

> --
> Rishi Yagnik

Rishi Yagnik

Re: Ignite 1.6.0 suspected memory leak from DynamicCacheDescriptor

Posted by ignite_user2016 <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hello Val..

ml+s70518n14492h6@n6.nabble.com> wrote:

> Hi Rishi,
>
> ignite.cluster().nodes() will give the list of nodes and full information
> about topology. Will this work for you?
>
> -Val

> .
> NAML

Rishi Yagnik

Re: Ignite 1.6.0 suspected memory leak from DynamicCacheDescriptor

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rishi,

Posted by ignite_user2016 <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hello Val,

Do you have any example on it ? would like to see how can we leverage that
piece of code for monitoring ?

Thanks for all your help..

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 5:46 PM, vkulichenko [via Apache Ignite Users] <
ml+s70518n14430h84@n6.nabble.com> wrote:

> Tom,
>
> It sounds like these jobs are triggered pretty frequently. So why not
> create a small application that will create an embedded client once and
> also have an internal timer or cron based scheduler to execute jobs
> periodically. You can do the topology check within this application as
> well, instead of using Visor.
>
> -Val

> .
> NAML

Rishi Yagnik

Re: Ignite 1.6.0 suspected memory leak from DynamicCacheDescriptor

Posted by tysli2016 <To...@cityline.com.hk>.
Hi Val,

sorry for this late reply.
yes, we have a client node constantly joining and leaving topology.
does the new versions of Ignite have improvement on this issue?

the reason client node constantly joining and leaving topology is twofold:
1. we used a visor cli called by cron job to check there should be more than
2 server nodes, it send out an email alert otherwise. it runs every 10
minutes.

it collects the server count like this:

IGNITE_COUNT=`/usr/local/apache-ignite-fabric-1.6.0-bin/bin/ignitevisorcmd.sh
-e="'open
-cpath=/usr/local/apache-ignite-fabric-1.6.0-bin/config/default-config.xml;node;c'"
|grep -e "Server  " |wc -l`

2. we have another cron job to do some cleanup for the application, which
also connects to the topology and leave after done, also runs every few
minutes.

many thanks
Tom

Re: Ignite 1.6.0 suspected memory leak from DynamicCacheDescriptor

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It looks like there is client node constantly joining and leaving topology.
What is the reason for this?

-Val