Posted to dev@oltu.apache.org by Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com> on 2012/02/06 11:26:46 UTC

Resource Server refactor

Hi *,

just try to gain some opinion about AMBER-48 [0].
I hope you all agree a refactor is needed.
Said that, I was wondering what you think on how to proceed.
In my mind I can see two basic options:

1. Have the current resource resolver module as base. And have different modules (that leverage resource resolver) implementing the specific token type specification (e.g Bearer - resource resolver bearer, MAC ...)
2. Do the refactor keeping everything in the same module (existing resource resolver)

WDYT?

Regards

Antonio

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBER-48

Re: Resource Server refactor

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hola ;)

>> that is something Pid and I tried to work on in the spec-api package,
>> see https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/amber/trunk/spec-api/src/main/java/org/apache/amber/server
>
> Cooool!! Let's be sure this is not going to be lost with the SVN tidy up!!!

of course, even if a little outdated, the older code still contains
few good ideas - Pid and I passed weeks arguing without committing, to
find a common agreement on APIs :D

Fortunately, old times have passed :)

All the best,
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: Resource Server refactor

Posted by Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com>.
On Feb 7, 2012, at 10:53 AM, Simone Tripodi wrote:

> Hi + (hope at least one will read my message :D)

lol

> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Tommaso Teofili
> <to...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2012/2/6 Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Adding a layer that supports the extensions of oAuth 2.0 (the spec already
>>> mentions the extensions) is definitely desired.
>>>

>> +1
>>

> +1 as well
>

>>> Based on my usage/experience with Amber, we should probably go beyond just
>>> the resource server that allows multiple types of token. I would like to
>>> see some SPIs that allow the adopters of oAuth 2.0 to plug in their own
>>> infrastructures. To name a few,
>>>
>>> * TokenGenerator (generating the tokens based on the token types)
>>> * TokenManager (managing the tokens)
>>> * Authenticator (authenticates the client and resource owners)
>>>

>> definitely +1 here too!
>>

> that is something Pid and I tried to work on in the spec-api package,
> see https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/amber/trunk/spec-api/src/main/java/org/apache/amber/server

Cooool!! Let's be sure this is not going to be lost with the SVN tidy up!!!

>>> We also need to have a way to wire the service providers into the oAuth
>>> 2.0 base. Something like JAX-RS ContextResolver, Google Guice or the JDK
>>> META-INF/services/ pattern can be used to connect the pieces together.
>>>

>> I agree and I'd be keen to use base JDK META-INF/services method to avoid
>> introducing other dependencies.
>>

> +1 for keeping Amber with as less dependencies as possible, but
> keeping an eye with external providers (see the BeanValidation
> specification) so my *personal* vision is implementing a set of
> interfaces for providers AND some _separated_ implementations (like
> the one mentioned) but no once defined by default (or maybe the JKD
> SPI that comes "for free")

At the moment we have a filter implementation as a way to plug in....

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/amber/trunk/oauth-2.0/oauth2-rs-filter/

Regards

Antonio

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
2012/2/6 Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> Adding a layer that supports the extensions of oAuth 2.0 (the spec already
> mentions the extensions) is definitely desired.

+1

> Based on my usage/experience with Amber, we should probably go beyond just
> the resource server that allows multiple types of token. I would like to
> see some SPIs that allow the adopters of oAuth 2.0 to plug in their own
> infrastructures. To name a few,
>
> * TokenGenerator (generating the tokens based on the token types)
> * TokenManager (managing the tokens)
> * Authenticator (authenticates the client and resource owners)

definitely +1 here too!

> We also need to have a way to wire the service providers into the oAuth
> 2.0 base. Something like JAX-RS ContextResolver, Google Guice or the JDK
> META-INF/services/ pattern can be used to connect the pieces together.

I agree and I'd be keen to use base JDK META-INF/services method to avoid
introducing other dependencies.

My 2 cents,
Tommaso

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.