Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/14 13:07:06 UTC

[VOTE] Release XBean 3.7

Please vote for the geronimo xbean 3.7 release

The major changes to this release are:
- xbean-blueprint subproject to provide support for Aries blueprint component assembly
- xbean-bundleutils subproject to provide useful common utilities for dealing with OSGi bundles.

Staging repo is here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-030/

tag is here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/xbean/tags/xbean-3.7

Vote open 72 hours

[ ] +1 release this
[ ] 0 don't care
[ ] -1 don't release this (please explain)

Rick

Re: [VOTE] Release XBean 3.7

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
On 5/14/2010 9:17 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
> Minor points:
>
> * Copyright date in the NOTICE file has not been updated
> * The KEYS file should be deleted

I sort of wondered about that.
> * Can the .properties files be updated with source license headers? Their content is trivial/nonsensical, but if syntactically possible would be better to have a header...

Ok, since I need to respin this because of the xbean-finder problem,
I'll make this update too.

> Major point:
>
> * The xbean-finder-shaded jar is not properly licensed, I think. The license file does not include the ASM license. I haven't checked, but it's possible we missed this in previous releases.

It was definitely that was in the previous releases too....which still
doesn't make it acceptable for this release.  I agree this is a fatal
problem.

Re: [VOTE] Release XBean 3.7

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
Minor points:

Re: [VOTE] Release XBean 3.7 - CANCELED

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
Canceled because of issues with the xbean-finder-shaded license files.

Rick