Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Lothar Krenzien <lk...@web.de> on 2006/01/10 11:24:56 UTC

running external batch from ant

Hi there,

I would like to run an external batch file from ant. Of course no problem. But I notified that ant don't proceed until the batch execution finished. Is it possible to start the batch, let the output window open and proceed with ant ?

Thanks, Lothar

Re: running external batch from ant

Posted by Ninju Bohra <ni...@yahoo.com>.
In addition to the spawn="true" attribute (which is needed) you want the external process to be in its own window?

Assuming you are on a Windows OS you will need to actually launch (via the <exec> task) the following

             <exec executable="cmd" spawn="true" dir="${basedir}">
                <arg line="/k start "/>
                <arg value="batchfilename.cmd"/>
             </exec>

This should start a separate console window in which your batchfile.cmd will run asynchronously.

Hope that helps,

Ninju

Visit us at www.persistentsys.com
  "Technology denied is Technology gained"
                --  Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam,
                    President of India

Visit us at www.persistentsys.com

Posted by VGupta <vi...@yahoo.com>.
lothar
  - try looking at the parallel task in ant.
  i have been using the same for stuff like this .

  do get back to me if you have some problem in using the same.
  Vipul

Lothar Krenzien <lk...@web.de> wrote:
  Hi there,

I would like to run an external batch file from ant. Of course no problem. But I notified that ant don't proceed until the batch execution finished. Is it possible to start the batch, let the output window open and proceed with ant ?

Thanks, Lothar

Yahoo! Photos