Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Tolga Yalcinkaya <to...@allesta.com> on 2004/10/15 19:14:27 UTC

Sandbox Id project request...

Can someone add the following method to
"org.apache.commons.id.IdentifierUtils"  ?

    public static String nextUUIDVersionFourIdentifier() {
        return UUID_VERSION_FOUR_GENERATOR.nextIdentifier().toString();
    }

There utility methods for all other id generators, but none for UUID
(version 1 or 4).

Thanks,

Tolga.

Re: Sandbox Id project request...

Posted by Tim Reilly <ti...@gmail.com>.
Tolga,

I'll add them. Although they'll return UUID's not String's since
that's the type these generators return. Sorry to delay, I've been
super busy. Hopefully, I'll get some time towards the end of the week.

Thanks,
-Tim