Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2003/10/15 16:23:48 UTC

[Proposal] Remove deprecated in 2.2

What do you think of removing all the things that we have
deprecated with 2.1 in 2.2 completly. Most of it is not
used anyway and for everything else we have a good alternative.
If we agree on this, I would write an update guide
for these things.

Removing the stuff makes our live a little bit easier with
respect to caching and internal environment handling and
we can remove some hacks.

What do you think?

Carsten

Re: [Proposal] Remove deprecated in 2.2

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> What do you think of removing all the things that we have
> deprecated with 2.1 in 2.2 completly. Most of it is not
> used anyway and for everything else we have a good alternative.
> If we agree on this, I would write an update guide
> for these things.
>
> Removing the stuff makes our live a little bit easier with
> respect to caching and internal environment handling and
> we can remove some hacks.
>
> What do you think?

+1

By the way though some surprising things depend on deprecated.  For
instance, the view source xsp used in the samples (incorrectly in many
places but that's besides the point).

Geoff

Re: [Proposal] Remove deprecated in 2.2

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Carsten Ziegeler dijo:
> What do you think of removing all the things that we have
> deprecated with 2.1 in 2.2 completly. Most of it is not
> used anyway and for everything else we have a good alternative.
> If we agree on this, I would write an update guide
> for these things.
>
> Removing the stuff makes our live a little bit easier with
> respect to caching and internal environment handling and
> we can remove some hacks.
>
> What do you think?

+1

Antonio Gallardo

Re: [Proposal] Remove deprecated in 2.2

Posted by Ugo Cei <ug...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> What do you think of removing all the things that we have
> deprecated with 2.1 in 2.2 completly. Most of it is not

+1

	Ugo

Re: [Proposal] Remove deprecated in 2.2

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> On Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003, at 16:23 Europe/Rome, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> What do you think of removing all the things that we have
>> deprecated with 2.1 in 2.2 completly. Most of it is not
>> used anyway and for everything else we have a good alternative.
>> If we agree on this, I would write an update guide
>> for these things.
>>
>> Removing the stuff makes our live a little bit easier with
>> respect to caching and internal environment handling and
>> we can remove some hacks.
>>
>> What do you think?
>

> big +1 (I was going to propose the same thing!)

Amen!  Man, great minds think alike ;P

+10 from me. (it would make my job just that much easier)

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

Re: [Proposal] Remove deprecated in 2.2

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

--
Stefano.

Re: [Proposal] Remove deprecated in 2.2

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@vafer.org>.
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> From: Carsten Ziegeler
>

>>Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>
>>>From: Carsten Ziegeler

>>>I had the same idea. I'll also remove the old (deprecated)
>>
>>Flowscript
>>
>>>stuff.
>>>

>>I have already removed the deprecated stuff (and some other
>>things, but not the flowscript stuff you mention) on my disc.
>>If noone vetoes I will commit it on friday.
>

> +1
> If nobody objects I remove the deprecated flowscript stuff this weekend
> too.

+1 let's clean-up the baby :)
--
Torsten

RE: [Proposal] Remove deprecated in 2.2

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
From: Carsten Ziegeler

> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> >
> > From: Carsten Ziegeler
> >

> > > What do you think of removing all the things that we have
> > > deprecated with 2.1 in 2.2 completly. Most of it is not
> > > used anyway and for everything else we have a good
> > > alternative. If we agree on this, I would write an update
> > > guide for these things.
> > >
> > > Removing the stuff makes our live a little bit easier with
> > > respect to caching and internal environment handling and we
> > > can remove some hacks.
> > >
> > > What do you think?
> >
> > I had the same idea. I'll also remove the old (deprecated)
> Flowscript
> > stuff.
> >
> I have already removed the deprecated stuff (and some other
> things, but not the flowscript stuff you mention) on my disc.
> If noone vetoes I will commit it on friday.

+1
If nobody objects I remove the deprecated flowscript stuff this weekend
too.

Reinhard

RE: [Proposal] Remove deprecated in 2.2

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.