Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "Kali.tummala@gmail.com" <Ka...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/20 23:57:00 UTC

set spark 1.6 with Hive 0.14 ?

Hi All ,

Is there a way to ask spark and spark-sql to use Hive 0.14 version instead
of inbuilt hive 1.2.1.

I am testing spark-sql locally by downloading spark 1.6 from internet , I
want to execute my hive queries in spark sql using hive version 0.14 can I

Please share out the steps involved.

Thanks
Sri

Re: set spark 1.6 with Hive 0.14 ?

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.
What is the motivation to use such an old version of Hive? This will lead to less performance and other risks.

Re: set spark 1.6 with Hive 0.14 ?

Posted by Sri <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ted, I know in spark-she'll can we set same in spark-sql shell ?

If I don't set hive context from my understanding spark is using its own SQL and date functions right ? Like for example interval ?

Thanks
Sri

Sent from my iPhone

Re: set spark 1.6 with Hive 0.14 ?