Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Saliya Ekanayake <sa...@wso2.com> on 2008/06/30 07:23:30 UTC

Improving JavaScript Support with Axiom Integrated Rhino

Hi,

The JavaScript execution in Synapse is performed via Rhino which has the
built in support for E4X. The Rhino implementation, however, does not
support direct mapping between Axiom elements and E4X objects. If such
mapping is enabled then we will be able to achieve better performance
and ease of use regarding XML manipulation within JavaScript.

We use a modified version of Rhino here at WSO2, which provides the
Axiom support discussed above. A user can directly pass an Axiom object
from Java code to JavaScript and the particular Rhino version will
transform it to an E4X object when handing over to the JavaScript.

I think we can use the particular implementation with Synapse to achieve
the aforesaid advantages. Your comments on this matter is highly
appreciated.

Regards,

Saliya

--
http://esaliya.blogspot.com

Re: Improving JavaScript Support with Axiom Integrated Rhino

Posted by Saliya Ekanayake <sa...@wso2.com>.
I will look into the code of ScriptMediator class and see if I can use
the particular implementation of Rhino. I did something similar to this
with the JavaScript message receiver I wrote for Axis2 [1] and there
wasn't much hassle in getting the Axiom stuff work with JavaScript.

I will get my hands on this ASAP with the help of Ruwan and hopefully
gain some performance as expected ;)

regards,
Saliya

[1]
https://wso2.org/svn/browse/wso2/trunk/wsf/javascript/rhino/message_receiver/

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Saliya

I think this is a great idea. I am a big fan of E4X in Synapse, and
any performance improvement will be very welcome.

Paul

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 6:23 AM, Saliya Ekanayake <sa...@wso2.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The JavaScript execution in Synapse is performed via Rhino which has the
> built in support for E4X. The Rhino implementation, however, does not
> support direct mapping between Axiom elements and E4X objects. If such
> mapping is enabled then we will be able to achieve better performance and
> ease of use regarding XML manipulation within JavaScript.
>
> We use a modified version of Rhino here at WSO2, which provides the Axiom
> support discussed above. A user can directly pass an Axiom object from Java
> code to JavaScript and the particular Rhino version will transform it to an
> E4X object when handing over to the JavaScript.
>
> I think we can use the particular implementation with Synapse to achieve the
> aforesaid advantages. Your comments on this matter is highly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Saliya
>
> --
> http://esaliya.blogspot.com