Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> on 2001/05/22 04:14:59 UTC

Digester Dependency on JAXP/1.0

Currently, the documented dependency for the Digester module in Struts
(the part that reads the configuration files like struts-config.xml) is on
JAXP/1.0.  I'd like to update this to JAXP/1.1 since there are at least
two implementations (the JAXP/1.1 reference implementation from Sun, and
Xerces 1.3.1) that support it just fine.

Does anyone see any problems with updating this dependency?

Craig McClanahan

RE: Digester Dependency on JAXP/1.0

Posted by Abraham Kang <ab...@infogain.com>.
Hi Craig,

   I just wanted to let you know about some bugs in Xerces 1.3.1 that do not
allow it to be used with
Apache SOAP 2.1 or 2.2 RC 1.  There are some known bugs in 1.3.1's namespace
implementation.

--Abraham