Posted to user@struts.apache.org by sb...@maerskdata.dk on 2001/06/20 16:15:57 UTC

WTE/Struts parser incompatibilities - pandoras box?

In this document:

http://www7.software.ibm.com/vad.nsf/Data/Document2558?OpenDocument&SubMast

IBM discuss how to make Struts work with the VAJ 3.5.3 WTE. For the XML
Parser incompatibilities they have the following solution:

 "[...] If you download JAXP 1.01 from Sun and import the entire contents
 of the jaxp.jar file and all of the classes in the parser.jar file except
 those that start with org.w3c into VisualAge for Java, then you will have
 an additional parser that corresponds to the JAXP API and works with
 Struts, but does not conflict with the IBM XML4Java parser that the WTE
 requires. I import these files into a special JAXP 1.0.1 -- no w3c
 project. [...]"

I've found that if I do as they suggest conflicts arise. The WTE complains
about the packages starting with "org.xml.sax" (Cannot create open edition
of ...).

However if I omit those packages too it works like a charm! Now, what I
want to know is:

Shouldn't the parser project really be called "JAXP_no_org" or does what
I'm doing have ramifications that I cannot see?

brgds,
S. Bro