Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marten Lehmann <le...@cnm.de> on 2005/07/27 16:01:54 UTC

ho to check if forward-target exists?

Hello,

I can start a forward like this e.g. through a filter:

request.getRequestDispatcher("/test.html").forward(request, response);

But how can I check if the ressource really exists?

request.getRequestDispatcher("/test.html") always gives me a
RequestDispatcher reference. Or is it possible to get the response-code
somehow to check if the forward resulted in a file-not-found error?

Regards
Marten

Re: ho to check if forward-target exists?

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
If you are looking for a physical resource use
if (null==servletContext.getResource()) {
   ... yes it exists ...
}

-Tim