Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Olivier Terrier <ol...@temis.com> on 2007/11/07 14:40:20 UTC

BSF Scripting Annotator

Hi all

My BSF scripting annotator is almost ready to deliver as a zip in JIRA.
However I have a last little problem I would like to share with you:

I have made a pom.xml (largelly inspired from the one of the WhitespaceTokenizer in the sandbox) but some of my Junit tests failed when run through surefire. The same Junit tests work without any problem in Eclipse.
Did some of you already experienced such a behaviour? It looks like a classloader problem (the JRuby engine doesn't register automatically into BSFManager when launched by the surefire maven plugin).
Any idea?

I don't want to deliver my first contribution with a set of broken Junit tests !

Thanks

Olivier

Re: BSF Scripting Annotator

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On Nov 7, 2007 8:40 AM, Olivier Terrier <ol...@temis.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> My BSF scripting annotator is almost ready to deliver as a zip in JIRA.
> However I have a last little problem I would like to share with you:
>
> I have made a pom.xml (largelly inspired from the one of the WhitespaceTokenizer in the sandbox) but some of my Junit tests failed when run through surefire. The same Junit tests work without any problem in Eclipse.
> Did some of you already experienced such a behaviour? It looks like a classloader problem (the JRuby engine doesn't register automatically into BSFManager when launched by the surefire maven plugin).
> Any idea?
>
> I don't want to deliver my first contribution with a set of broken Junit tests !

Hi,

It's hard to guess, but there are some difference between running from
Eclipse and running from Maven listed here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/UIMA/differences-between-running-unit-tests-in-eclipse-and-in-maven.html.
 Maybe one of those could be the culprit.

-Adam

Re: BSF Scripting Annotator

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
> Did some of you already experienced such a behaviour? It looks like
> a classloader problem (the JRuby engine doesn't register
> automatically into BSFManager when launched by the surefire maven
> plugin).
> Any idea?

There are some differences, they are documented in our wiki:

http://cwiki.apache.org/UIMA/differences-between-running-unit-tests-
in-eclipse-and-in-maven.html

Hope this helps,
Jörn