Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by judauphant <ju...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/28 14:19:05 UTC

Search limit to the first 50 000 chars for one field

Hi,

I use solr 1.4 for search contents in documents (pdf, doc, odt ...). I use
the module "/update/extract".
When I am researching, I am limited to the first 50000 characters
(approximately).
Any word or sentence after is not found (but the field has more than 50000
characters when I recovered it by a search).
I searched if anyone had the same problem or if there was a setting to
resolved this but I found nothing.

How I can increase this limit ?

Line of my schema.xml for the field in which I search :
<field name="text" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true" termPositions="true" termOffsets="true" compressed="true"
/>
I store the content to use the module Highlighting.

And here are my search options (but without options, I have the same
problem):
/select?q=mySearch&start=0&rows=1250&fl=id&hl=on&hl.fl=text&omitHeader=true&hl.mergeContiguous=true&hl.snippets=5&hl.simple.pre=[PRE_FIND_START]&hl.simple.post=[PRE_FIND_END]&wt=phps

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Best regards,
Julien

Re: Search limit to the first 50 000 chars for one field

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
And note that those are tokens, not characters, not that it should make any
difference
if you've bumped it up that far....

Best
Erick

Posted by judauphant <ju...@gmail.com>.
Ok thanks, it works.

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
> I use solr 1.4 for search contents in documents (pdf, doc,
> odt ...). I use
> the module "/update/extract".
> When I am researching, I am limited to the first 50000
> characters
> (approximately).
> Any word or sentence after is not found (but the field has
> more than 50000
> characters when I recovered it by a search).
> I searched if anyone had the same problem or if there was a
> setting to
> resolved this but I found nothing.
>
> How I can increase this limit ?

maxFieldLength configuration can be done in solrconfig.xml
<maxFieldLength>2147483647</maxFieldLength>