Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Kevin Zhou <zh...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/06 10:53:22 UTC

DRLVM doesn't set java.endorsed.dirs system property

Hi all,
When performing the given test [1] on HARMONY and RI, it shows RI provides
such "java.endorsed.dirs" SYSTEM PROPERTY while HARMONY doesn't.

Sometimes, JRE may search for JAR files in the endorsed directories in order
to run some specific applications correctly.

As for me, I think this is non-bug difference between HARMONY and RI. If
necessary, it could be implemented at VM-side.

Do we need to follow RI on this behaviour? What is your opinion? :)

[1] Sample:
    System.out.println(System.getProperty("java.endorsed.dirs"));
}

Re: DRLVM doesn't set java.endorsed.dirs system property

Posted by Jack Cai <gr...@gmail.com>.
Geronimo also uses this property. So better set it.

-Jack

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@gmail.com>.
Agreed.

Posted by Kevin Zhou <zh...@gmail.com>.