Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Scott A <Sc...@anglolimited.com> on 2007/04/11 19:49:43 UTC

Quickbooks & OfBiz

I was wondering if anyone had any info on a module that can import/export
data to and from Quickbooks?

I've read in various places of the existence of something but I was never
able to find it. All the threads seem to go back to 2005. Is there such a
monster and if so, where could I find it.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Quickbooks & OfBiz

Posted by Anil Patel <to...@gmail.com>.
Scott,
I think its the integration piece from Open Source Strategies. I am not sure
though.

Regards
Anil Patel

Re: Quickbooks & OfBiz

Posted by Scott A <Sc...@anglolimited.com>.
Thanks for the info guys. We'll give it a shot ourselves and see if we can
breath any life into it. I want to get away from QB but knowing its in the
background just in case is good for now.

Re: Quickbooks & OfBi

Posted by Brett Palmer <br...@gmail.com>.
I worked on a contract where we integrated ofbiz orders with
quickbooks. The project never finished but we did discover that using
a 3rd party library call QODBC was much faster than the intuit web
services interface.  The difficult part was mapping all the data
values  between the two systems.  And if you need to do updates in QB
you have to store record IDs on the ofbiz side.

Brett

On 4/11/07, Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I believe there were two efforts in this regard, one from
> OpenSourceStrategies and the other from Brian Johnson.  I'm note sure
> what came of OSS's, but Brian Johnson's can be found here:
>
> http://sherbang.com/devel/ofbiz/qb-ofbiz-20060314.tar.bz2
>

> --- Scott A <Sc...@anglolimited.com> wrote:
>

> > I was wondering if anyone had any info on a module that can
> > import/export
> > data to and from Quickbooks?
> >
> > I've read in various places of the existence of something but I was
> > never
> > able to find it. All the threads seem to go back to 2005. Is there
> > such a
> > monster and if so, where could I find it.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > --

RE: Quickbooks & OfBiz

Posted by pe...@ec4b.com.
Hi,

Does anyone know if the same was done for Sage?

Thanks & Regards,

Peter

Re: Quickbooks & OfBiz

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.