Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com> on 2012/11/13 17:39:06 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Flume version 1.3.0-rc2

This is the second release for Apache Flume as a top-level project,
version 1.3.0. We are voting on release candidate rc2.

*** Please cast your vote within the next 72 hours ***

The list of fixed issues:
http://s.apache.org/A9x

The tarball (*.tar.gz), signature (*.asc), and checksums (*.md5, *.sha1)
for the source and binary artifacts can be found at:
http://people.apache.org/~brock/flume-1.3.0-rc2/

The tag to be voted on:
http://s.apache.org/aVa

The KEYS file can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flume/KEYS

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flume version 1.3.0-rc2

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.
Yeah, in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLUME/How+to+Release#HowtoRelease-DeployMavenartifactsthere
is a section saying to do this at release time but you should
probably do it at RC vote time. Just push it to the staging repo, not the
release repo before the vote. It's a binary artifact, so technically we
aren't voting on it, but I agree with you guys that it's good practice to
do it early. Probably the wiki should be updated to make this process
explicit.

Regards,
Mike

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com>.
FLUME-1705 is committed (Commit: 491157104cda0e3fbd3dece2c6f3baf5e72308f5)

+1 from me for 1.3.0- RC2

Thanks,
 Alex

On Nov 14, 2012, at 8:17 AM, Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Patch attached. For this one -1 from me.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex
>
> On Nov 13, 2012, at 11:13 PM, Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
>> Blocker came up on the user list
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-1705
>>
>> Brock
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>> Looks good. Verified build and tests.
>>> +1  (non binding)
>>> -roshan

>> --
>> Apache MRUnit - Unit testing MapReduce - http://incubator.apache.org/mrunit/
>
> --
> Alexander Alten-Lorenz
> http://mapredit.blogspot.com

Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flume version 1.3.0-rc2

Posted by Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.