Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Justine K. Clarkin" <cl...@nscee.edu> on 2002/07/19 22:18:23 UTC

startup problems

I've just installed the httpd-2.0.39 binary distribution on my system
running Solaris 2.8 and when I start it here's what I get --

# ./apachectl start
Syntax error on line 235 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_auth_digest.so into server:
ld.so.1:
/usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_auth_digest.so: symbol __floatdidf:
referenced symbol not found

The "install"  went without any problems.  Can someone tell me what I've
missed??

thanks

Re: startup problems

Posted by Jeeva Venkataraman <je...@mediaocean.com>.
I too got the same error, but commented but those modules and proceeding.

-Jeeva

Re: startup problems

Posted by Jim Morris <jm...@sunflower.com>.
There was a solution in the Apache Bug Database that worked for me on
Solaris 2.6.  Basically, set SH_LDFLAGS to the path of libgcc.a.

e.g.

SH_LDFLAGS=`gcc -print-libgcc-file-name` ./configure ....