Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by John Schmerold <sc...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/19 20:02:34 UTC

USER_IN_SPF_WHITELIST

We had a message come in from pmipub.com, it fired rule
USER_IN_SPF_WHITELIST, this is defined in  60_whitelist_spf.cf as "From:
address is in the user's SPF whitelist"

Grep tells me pmipub is found in a couple large files:
/var/spool/exim/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist & bayes_seen

Would some kind soul tell me how I can manage my SPF whitelist?
I would like to list and edit the SPF whitelist

--
John Schmerold
Katy Computer Systems, Inc

Re: USER_IN_SPF_WHITELIST

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 22:41:29 +0100
RW wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 15:02:34 -0500
> John Schmerold wrote:
>
> > We had a message come in from pmipub.com, it fired rule
> > USER_IN_SPF_WHITELIST, this is defined in  60_whitelist_spf.cf as
> > "From: address is in the user's SPF whitelist"
> >
> > Grep tells me pmipub is found in a couple large files:
> > /var/spool/exim/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist & bayes_seen
>
> Neither of these is relevant
>
> > Would some kind soul tell me how I can manage my SPF whitelist?
> > I would like to list and edit the SPF whitelist
>
> This is local configuration, there will be a line like
>
>    whitelist_from_spf someone@pmipub.com

Also check the original mail or the logs and try to find what the
envelope address was. It may be different to pmipub.com.

Re: USER_IN_SPF_WHITELIST

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
John Schmerold wrote:

> We had a message come in from pmipub.com, it fired rule
> USER_IN_SPF_WHITELIST, this is defined in  60_whitelist_spf.cf as
> "From: address is in the user's SPF whitelist"
>
> Grep tells me pmipub is found in a couple large files:
> /var/spool/exim/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist & bayes_seen

Neither of these is relevant

> Would some kind soul tell me how I can manage my SPF whitelist?
> I would like to list and edit the SPF whitelist

This is local configuration, there will be a line like

   whitelist_from_spf someone@pmipub.com

or

   whitelist_from_spf *@pmipub.com

somewhere, maybe in local.cf or
maybe /var/spool/exim/.spamassassin/user_prefs

If grep can't find it at all, perhaps you have your config stored in
SQL.