Posted to user@tez.apache.org by Manoj Murumkar <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/03 22:02:12 UTC

Re: Enabling Tez-UI on CDH 5.8

UPDATE: Tez UI (using 1.0 storage mechanism) has been successfully enabled
on our CDH 5.8.3 cluster. Here's the summary:

   - Build Tez against CDH repo (5.8.3 version)
   - Build against 1.9.13 versions of jackson jars, listed in the following:
      - jackson-mapper-asl
      - jackson-core-asl
      - jackson-jaxrs
      - jackson-xc
   - Set a separate timeline server using Apache 2.7.3 version of cluster
   - Setup Tez UI using apache webserver
   - Follow instructions on how to setup each of these components (ATS, CDH
   cluster to publish events to ATS, CORS etc)

Cheers,

Manoj

Re: Enabling Tez-UI on CDH 5.8

Posted by Sreenath Somarajapuram <ss...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Manoj,

Ideally the UI must work without that symbolic link.
And as you are creating a tez-ui folder in /var/www/html, the tez.tez-ui.history-url.base must be http://adddress:port/tez-ui.

Thanks,
Sreenath

From: Manoj Murumkar <ma...@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, March 6, 2017 at 12:09 AM
To: "user@tez.apache.org<ma...@tez.apache.org>" <us...@tez.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Enabling Tez-UI on CDH 5.8

Actually,

  <property>
    <name>tez.am.tez-ui.history-url.template</name>
    <value>__HISTORY_URL_BASE__/#/tez-app/__APPLICATION_ID__</value>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>tez.tez-ui.history-url.base</name>
    <value>UI_HOSTNAME</value>
  </property>

On Sun, Mar 5, 2017 at 10:38 AM, Manoj Murumkar <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Sreenath,

Thanks for the comment. I should've put the following comment there (which I have now).

ln -s . ui -- this is because UI is looking for <base_url>/ui from YARN UI when the app is still running

Here're the values for the 2 parameters:

  <property>
    <name>tez.am.tez-ui.history-url.template</name>
    <value>__HISTORY_URL_BASE__/#/tez-app/__APPLICATION_ID__</value>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>tez.tez-ui.history-url.base</name>
    <value>UI_HOSTNAME/tez-ui</value>
  </property>

On Sun, Mar 5, 2017 at 1:40 AM, Sreenath Somarajapuram <sr...@apache.org>> wrote:
Thank you so much Manoj.

Please let me know if you have more info on ’tez-ui’ getting appended.
I’m referring to this part from the blog:
ln -s . tez-ui -- this is because UI appends another tez-ui in some cases

With that please check the values of following configurations in tez-site.xml. They might give some clue.
1. tez.tez-ui.history-url.base
2. tez.am.tez-ui.history-url.template

Cheers,
Sreenath

From: Manoj Murumkar <ma...@gmail.com>>
Date: Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 6:03 AM
To: "user@tez.apache.org<ma...@tez.apache.org>" <us...@tez.apache.org>>

Posted documentation on my blog. Happy reading. Comments welcome.

https://blog.upala.com/2017/03/04/setting-up-tez-on-cdh-cluster/

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 6:38 AM, Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Lets continuously open tickets with cloudera to do this simple patching for us and ensure things work out of the box.

I'll put in my blog next week and share the link.
________________________________
Would it be possible for you to publish this as a wiki article such that others could follow that to make this scenario work for them? With some more details (e.g. exact maven command line or modified pom.xml) that others can follow verbatim.

Thanks
Bikas

Re: Enabling Tez-UI on CDH 5.8

Posted by Manoj Murumkar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Actually,

Re: Enabling Tez-UI on CDH 5.8

Posted by Manoj Murumkar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Sreenath,

Re: Enabling Tez-UI on CDH 5.8

Posted by Sreenath Somarajapuram <sr...@apache.org>.
Thank you so much Manoj.

Please let me know if you have more info on ¹tez-ui¹ getting appended.
I¹m referring to this part from the blog:

From:  Manoj Murumkar <ma...@gmail.com>
Date:  Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 6:03 AM
To:  "user@tez.apache.org" <us...@tez.apache.org>

Re: Enabling Tez-UI on CDH 5.8