Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/28 22:52:07 UTC

Re: Display Google Maps and Google StreeView in AIR [Need advice]

On Nov 28, 2013 11:24 AM, "Maurice Amsellem" <ma...@systar.com>
wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> Someone has submitted an issue about displaying  Google Maps and Google
StreeView through a web view in AIR (using StageWebView or mx:HTML).
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33927
>
> The issue is that it displays correctly, but is barely usable (missing
features, legends not showing).

(displaying http://html5test.com/ in a StageWebView get a score of 119/555).
> But it may be wrong.
>
> Does someone know how StageWebView is implemented internally on Windows?
> Does it use  .NET WebBrowser class , or DCOM/ActiveX or something ?

I think even in Windows, the Webkit renderer that ships with the AIR sdk is
used.

> If we can't do much about that on the Flex side, are there any
alternatives for displaying Google StreeView in AIR?

Posted by Dasa Paddock <dp...@esri.com>.
The StageWebView constructor takes a "useNative" parameter:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/me
dia/StageWebView.html#StageWebView()

I think this was added at 3.9.

--Dasa