Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Lasse Nedergaard <la...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/02 09:48:34 UTC

Slow tests on Flink 1.15

Hi.

Just tried to upgrade from 1.14.2 to 1.15.0. It went well and our jobs runs as expected.

We have a number of test, testing the entire job so we mock input and output and start our job with mocked data. After upgrading a simple test now takes minutes where it before was less than a minute.
If I run a test in debug data are processed right a way but the job are stuck in park method in the idk.internal.misc.unsafe object I Java 11 and it’s called from StreamExecutionEnviroment.execute (job client mini cluster).

Any idea why this happens and what I’m missing?

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Lasse Nedergaard

Re: Slow tests on Flink 1.15

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
Can you give us a more complete stacktrace so we can see what call in
Flink is waiting for something?

Does this happen to all of your tests?
Can you provide us with an example that we can try ourselves? If not,
can you describe the test structure (e.g., is it using a
MiniClusterResource).