Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tom Joad <tj...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/28 17:25:26 UTC

Use of snapshot repository

Hello all,
How to conf settings.xml or pom.xml to use
http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2/
a (the) maven public snapshot repository.
Does  maven automatically resolve artifact version where version is
for instance 0.1-SNAPSHOT for Org.codehaus.mojo.jdbc-maven-plugin and
under 0.1-SNAPSHOT directory
 we have jdbc-maven-plugin-0.1-20060116.042625-1.jar  but not
jdbc-maven-plugin-0.1-SNAPHOT .
Thanks in advance.

Re: Use of snapshot repository

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Tom Joad wrote:

When snapshots are deployed to a remote repository they never get
'-SNAPSHOT' in the filenames, but rather a timestamp followed by a build
number. So jdbc-maven-plugin-0.1-20060116.042625-1.jar IS a snapshot.

Btw to enable the snapshot repo add this to your settings.xml:

  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <id>default</id>

      <pluginRepositories>
        <pluginRepository>
          <id>snapshots</id>
          <name>Maven Plugin Repository</name>
          <url>http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2</url>
          <layout>default</layout>
          <snapshots>
            <enabled>true</enabled>
            <updatePolicy>daily</updatePolicy>
          </snapshots>
          <releases>
            <enabled>false</enabled>
            <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
          </releases>
        </pluginRepository>
      </pluginRepositories>

      <repositories>
        <repository>
          <id>snapshots</id>
          <name>Maven Snapshot Repository</name>
          <url>http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2</url>
          <snapshots>
            <enabled>true</enabled>
            <updatePolicy>daily</updatePolicy>
          </snapshots>
          <releases>
            <enabled>false</enabled>
            <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
          </releases>
        </repository>
      </repositories>

    </profile>
 </profiles>
 <activeProfiles>
    <activeProfile>default</activeProfile>
  </activeProfiles>

-- Kenney

> Hello all,
> How to conf settings.xml or pom.xml to use
> http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2/
> a (the) maven public snapshot repository.
> Does  maven automatically resolve artifact version where version is
> for instance 0.1-SNAPSHOT for Org.codehaus.mojo.jdbc-maven-plugin and
> under 0.1-SNAPSHOT directory
>  we have jdbc-maven-plugin-0.1-20060116.042625-1.jar  but not
> jdbc-maven-plugin-0.1-SNAPHOT .
> Thanks in advance.

Kenney Westerhof
http://www.neonics.com