Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/02 02:41:52 UTC

Question about Kafka release version number

Hi All,

In other incubator projects I have worked on, the version number
starts or restart to something like 0.1-incubating.

As part of the JIRA import looks like it retains the version
information. Looks like the latest is v0.8.

Should the version counter start again from 0.1 or should we just
continue with existing Kafka version releases?

- Henry

Re: Question about Kafka release version number

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
You can if you'd like or a simple consensus should be fine too.

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Should I send a VOTE thread?

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.
I agree. Re-using numbers would be confusing.

-Jay

Posted by Chris Burroughs <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.