Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by The Chris Method <th...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/01 00:09:55 UTC

T4: Parameter 'anchor' is not bound and can not be updated

I have a component that runs through all components inside of it and sets
the anchor for any that are a DirectLink. So there are two lines like this:

DirectLink link = (DirectLink) iter.next();
link.setProperty("anchor", getAnchorName());

I get this error:

*caused by* *org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException*<http://localhost:8080/#>:
Parameter 'anchor' is not bound and can not be updated.
$DirectLink_944#setAnchor ($DirectLink_944.java:-1)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl#invoke0
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl#invoke
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl#invoke
java.lang.reflect.Method#invoke
org.apache.hivemind.util.PropertyAdaptor#write (PropertyAdaptor.java:92)
org.apache.hivemind.util.ClassAdaptor#write (ClassAdaptor.java:62)
org.apache.hivemind.util.PropertyUtils#write (PropertyUtils.java:54)
org.apache.tapestry.AbstractComponent#setProperty (AbstractComponent.java:711)

"anchor" is defined in the DirectLink.jwc as a parameter. Why can't I set
the value programmatically? This worked in the last version of Tapestry, so
I'm sure this is just a case of my lack of understanding about the way
bindings and parameters are working in Tapestry 4.

Re: T4: Parameter 'anchor' is not bound and can not be updated

Posted by The Chris Method <th...@gmail.com>.
I'm wondering if setting an unbound parameter programmatically in T4 should
be similar to the way that the IComponentVisitor classes do it, by manually
creating a binding and setting that. I suppose I could try that...