Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2014/08/22 19:01:20 UTC

osgi tests updated to pax-exam 3.4.0

I now have the camel-itest-osgi stuff all updated to pax-exam 3.4.0.   There are currently two sets of test failures:

1) SedaTest - the context.getName() behavior seems to have changed recently.  The test is expecting the name to start with the bundleId, but it’s not and just getting the default “camel-1”, “camel-2”, etc…  Claus:  I believe this is due to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-6972     If so, definitely shows the osgi tests haven’t been run in a long time.

2) AWS tests - all the aws tests fail because the aws bundle is not usable.    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4-1813

The rest of the tests now pass.

This is currently using Karaf 2.3.6.  I’m going to attempt updating to Karaf 3.0.1 next week.

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: osgi tests updated to pax-exam 3.4.0

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Just a quick update….

Everything in camel-itest-osgi and camel-itest-karaf now works pretty much the same for Karaf 3.0.1 as it does for Karaf 2.3.6.   The -Pkaraf3 profile can be used to run the tests with Karaf 3, the default is still 2.3.6.

There are some test failures in both modules, but the failures are the same with 2.3.6 so it doesn’t look to be Karaf version specific.

Dan

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

The module camel-itest-karaf  is now broken

davsclaus:~/workspace/camel/tests/camel-itest-karaf (master)/$ mvn clean install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.camel:camel-itest-karaf:2.14-SNAPSHOT
(/Users/davsclaus/workspace/camel/tests/camel-itest-karaf/pom.xml) has
2 errors
[ERROR]     'dependencies.dependency.version' for
org.ops4j.pax.runner:pax-runner-no-jcl:jar is missing. @ line 39,
column 21
[ERROR]     'dependencies.dependency.version' for
org.apache.karaf.tooling.exam:org.apache.karaf.tooling.exam.container:jar
is missing. @ line 49, column 21
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with
the -e switch.

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 7:01 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> I now have the camel-itest-osgi stuff all updated to pax-exam 3.4.0.   There are currently two sets of test failures:
>
> 1) SedaTest - the context.getName() behavior seems to have changed recently.  The test is expecting the name to start with the bundleId, but it’s not and just getting the default “camel-1”, “camel-2”, etc…  Claus:  I believe this is due to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-6972     If so, definitely shows the osgi tests haven’t been run in a long time.
>
> 2) AWS tests - all the aws tests fail because the aws bundle is not usable.    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4-1813
>
> The rest of the tests now pass.
>
> This is currently using Karaf 2.3.6.  I’m going to attempt updating to Karaf 3.0.1 next week.
>

> --
> Daniel Kulp

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.