Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Sakach, Tim" <ts...@BAYLOGICS.COM> on 2001/12/14 20:31:42 UTC

Weblogic/jsp templates

Hi,

I ran into a problem running the jsp's in /WEB-INF/templates/jsp under
weblogic. The result is a null response with no error messages. After
digging through the weblogic docs, there was a comment about everything
under the /WEB-INF folder being "private" and not accesible to the user. In
weblogic ( as well as other app servers ), jsp's under /WEB-INF are simply
ignored.

The solution is to move the jsp's to the root folder and change the
services.JspService.templates property in the TurbineResources.properties
file, such as:

services.JspService.templates = /templates/jsp

Re: Weblogic/jsp templates

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Tim,
The JSPs located under WEB-INF/template/jsp are not intended to be
viable to a user, thus the should be private.  They are only called by
the Jetspeed servlet.  Any JSP that will be called DIRECTLY from the
user's browser should located elsewhere.

That said.  Is their a problem using JSP layouts and portlet with WebLogics?

Paul Spencer