Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Elliott, Brian" <BE...@orbitz.com> on 2006/12/07 22:14:31 UTC

help needed statically configuring virtual topics (destinations)

Hello,

I'm trying to setup two AMQ 4.1.0 broker instances that will be clustered viamulticast and have a pre-configured virtual topic (destination) called "Orders".  (e.g. VirtualTopic.Orders)  I'm getting some errors as seen relating to the communications between the two broker instances.  (the networkConnector)

I need to configure each virutal destination name statically due to operational policy.  Is there a wildcard for doing this?  Does each Consumer.XXX.VirtualTopic.YYY get configured individually as a destination, or is there a shortcut way?  An example would be great.

The console output and my XML config for each instance is shown below.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

The console largely gives the the same output on both instances, so I'm
only including a snippet of the "a" instance output:

<snip>
belliott@tamper ~/dev/orbitz/orbitz-app-activemq $ apache-activemq-4.1.0-incubator/bin/activemq xbean:file:conf/default.a.xml
ACTIVEMQ_HOME: /home/belliott/dev/orbitz/orbitz-app-activemq/apache-activemq-4.1.0-incubator
INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ 4.1.0-incubator JMS Message Broker (a) is starting
INFO  BrokerService                  - For help or more information please see: http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
INFO  JDBCPersistenceAdapter         - Database driver recognized: [apache_derby_embedded_jdbc_driver]
INFO  DefaultDatabaseLocker          - Attempting to acquire the exclusive lock to become the Master broker
INFO  DefaultDatabaseLocker          - Becoming the master on dataSource: org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDataSource@8ddb93
INFO  JournalPersistenceAdapter      - Journal Recovery Started from: Active Journal: using 5 x 20.0 Megs at: /home/belliott/dev/orbitz/orbitz-app-activemq/target/data/a/journal
INFO  JournalPersistenceAdapter      - Journal Recovered: 0 message(s) in transactions recovered.
INFO  KahaStore                      - Kaha Store deleted data directory activemq-data/a/tmp_storage
INFO  TransportServerThreadSupport   - Listening for connections at: tcp://tamper.duncllc.com:61616
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector openwire Started
INFO  NetworkConnector               - Network Connector default-nc Started
INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker (a, ID:tamper.duncllc.com-52242-1165525563365-1:0) started
INFO  ManagementContext              - JMX consoles can connect to service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi
INFO  NetworkConnector               - Establishing network connection between from vm://a?network=true to tcp://tamper.duncllc.com:61618
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector vm://a Started
INFO  DemandForwardingBridge         - Network connection between vm://a#0 and tcp://localhost/127.0.0.1:61618(b) has been established.
INFO  DemandForwardingBridge         - Network connection between vm://a#0 and tcp://localhost/127.0.0.1:61618 shutdown due to a local error: javax.jms.JMSException: Durable consumer is in use for client: NC_b_inbounda and subscriptionName: a_Orders
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector vm://a Stopped
INFO  NetworkConnector               - Establishing network connection between from vm://a?network=true to tcp://tamper.duncllc.com:61618
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector vm://a Started
INFO  DemandForwardingBridge         - Network connection between vm://a#2 and tcp://localhost/127.0.0.1:61618(b) has been established.
INFO  DemandForwardingBridge         - Network connection between vm://a#2 and tcp://localhost/127.0.0.1:61618 shutdown due to a local error: javax.jms.JMSException: Durable consumer is in use for client: NC_b_inbounda and subscriptionName: a_Orders
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector vm://a Stopped
INFO  NetworkConnector               - Establishing network connection between from vm://a?network=true to tcp://tamper.duncllc.com:61618
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector vm://a Started
INFO  DemandForwardingBridge         - Network connection between vm://a#4 and tcp://localhost/127.0.0.1:61618(b) has been established.
INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ Message Broker (a, ID:tamper.duncllc.com-52242-1165525563365-1:0) is shutting down
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector vm://a Stopped
INFO  NetworkConnector               - Network Connector default-nc Stopped
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector openwire Stopped
INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker (a, ID:tamper.duncllc.com-52242-1165525563365-1:0) stopped
belliott@tamper ~/dev/orbitz/orbitz-app-activemq $
</snip>

---------------------------------
Configuration file of "a" instance:

<beans>

  <bean class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer"/>

  <broker brokerName="a" useJmx="true" xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">

    <destinations>
        <topic physicalName="Orders"/>
    </destinations>

    <managementContext>
       <managementContext connectorPort="1099" jmxDomainName="org.apache.activemq"/>
    </managementContext>

    <persistenceAdapter>
        <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5" dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/../target/data/a"/>
    </persistenceAdapter>

    <transportConnectors>
      <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616" discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
    </transportConnectors>

    <networkConnectors>
      <!-- by default just auto discover the other brokers -->
      <networkConnector name="default-nc" uri="multicast://default"/>
    </networkConnectors>

  </broker>

</beans>

---------------------------------
Configuration file of "b" instance:

<beans>

  <bean class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer"/>

  <broker brokerName="b" useJmx="true" xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">

    <destinations>
        <topic physicalName="Orders"/>
    </destinations>

    <managementContext>
       <managementContext connectorPort="1100" jmxDomainName="org.apache.activemq"/>
    </managementContext>

    <persistenceAdapter>
        <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5" dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/../target/data/b"/>
    </persistenceAdapter>

    <transportConnectors>
        <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61618" discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>

RE: help needed statically configuring virtual topics (destinations)

Posted by "Elliott, Brian" <BE...@orbitz.com>.
I actually get this error without any producers or consumers connected.
It occurs as soon as I start the second broker instance and the two
broker instances discover each other.

Thanks,
Brian

Do you have mulitple durable consumers wirh selectors ? Because this log
shows up with that kind of setup (my own experience).

Regards...

Posted by Marlon Santos <ms...@exist.com>.
Hi,