Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by BugRat Mail System <to...@cortexity.com> on 2000/09/05 22:36:27 UTC

BugRat Report #72 has been filed.

Bug report #72 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/72>

REPORT #72 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: serious
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: Tomcat 3.2
   JVM Release: JDK 1.2.2
   Operating System: Linux
   OS Release: Redhat 6.2
   Platform: Intel

Synopsis:
request.getServletPath() returning context directory, not path to servlet.

I have a servlet that is producing a HTML document with a FORM to submit data back into itself.  The FORM tag's action attribute is set via a call to getServletPath() HttpRequest instance 'request'  On other servlet engines this returns the full path to the servlet it is running from: eg, when running under JSWDK 1.0.1, with the servlet running as http://localhost:8080/servlets/MyServlet getServletPath() returns the string "/servlets/MyServlet" which works fine.  Under Tomcat, though, when the servlet is run from http://myserver:8080/myservlet/myservlet (As I have it mapped in the web.xml and servet.xml <Context>) getServletPath() returns "/myservlet" instead of "/myservlet/myservlet"