Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/08 16:08:10 UTC

Re: Proposal for identifying the implementation language

Hi,

We currently have C and Java versions of AMQP broker and clients.
And also we have python and ruby clients.

It will be confusing if we keep discussing these things without identifying
it in the subject line.
This has disadvantages

a) We may end up reading the email half way through to figure out that this
is a 'C' implementation specific problem

b) Searching through archives might be messy if somebody wants to search on
a 'C' related topic and ends up getting Java and Python related emails in
the results.

So I have the following proposal to identify the impl language when talk
about something language specific

a) if it is generic stuff then no need to have a prefix

B) if it's something language specific then lets put a prefix

 for ex " [java] Proposal for the persistant layer' or "[python] refactoring
the client"

             So people know what we are talking about at first glance.

Regards,

Rajith

Re: Proposal for identifying the implementation language

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
+1

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.