Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2000/07/10 10:47:06 UTC

Re: crasher in props.c

[ moving this to new-httpd ]

On Sun, Jul 09, 2000 at 11:49:07PM +0100, Joe Orton wrote:
> Cool. I'm nearly done APRizing sdbm, I've been away all weekend but I'm
> back at it tomorrow... patch forthcoming.

Excellent. I'll patch that bugger in when it arrives.

[ need to figure out the lock stuff in sdbm, too... sigh ]

You had mentioned that you're doing the propdb sub-pool thing *and* the
streaming of PROPFIND results. Can we get those broken up into two passes at
the code? I think it will make it a bit easier to review.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: crasher in props.c

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 10:29:58AM +0100, Joe Orton wrote:
> > You had mentioned that you're doing the propdb sub-pool thing *and* the
> > streaming of PROPFIND results. Can we get those broken up into two passes at
> > the code? I think it will make it a bit easier to review.
>
> Unless I missed something, once streaming PROPFIND is done, having a
> sub-pool for the propdb is just 2-3 lines of code. I don't think it
> obscures anything.

ah. okee dokee :-)

[ I just wasn't sure how faithful the code was using propdb->p rather than
  the occasional r->pool (or r->pool via dav_resource->info->pool) ]

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: crasher in props.c

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@orton.demon.co.uk>.
> You had mentioned that you're doing the propdb sub-pool thing *and* the
> streaming of PROPFIND results. Can we get those broken up into two passes at
> the code? I think it will make it a bit easier to review.

Unless I missed something, once streaming PROPFIND is done, having a
sub-pool for the propdb is just 2-3 lines of code. I don't think it
obscures anything.

joe