Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Wilt, Paul" <pw...@umi.com> on 1999/03/19 21:37:11 UTC

Questions about SIGPIPE handling.

Hi Y'all:

Just recently there were changes made in SIGPIPE handling.  We are building
an Apache Server 1.3.4 on SGI O200 (Irix 6.4).  We would like to depend on
an EPIPE error from a pipe to our backend processes going away.  I noticed
that Roy Field committed CVS changes that remove SIGPIPE handlers in the
core.  Why was the SIGPIPE handler placed there in the first place?  To take
care of clients going belly up during a given request?

Thanks
Paul E Wilt
Senior Software Engineer
UMI, A Bell & Howell Company     	mailto:pwilt@umi.com
http://www.umi.com		Phone: (734) 761-4700 x.6021
300 North Zeeb Rd			Fax:    (734) 973-0737
Ann Arbor, MI 48106