Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ARays <ar...@kenfuse.com> on 2009/08/06 19:49:14 UTC

Date Time format - global override?

I am looking to see if there a global way to format Date/Time fields
displayed on the UI  to be restricted to mins. Right now it shows up at
several places with seconds and millisec (eg 2003-11-20 13:48:19.105).

Searching found some tips on handling it at ftl level per field but would be
nice if there is a trick to handle it at a global level. The stored data in
database would still be with all the precision upto millsec.

Searching through the mailing list archive found the link below but couldn't
dig further into the reference Jira issue
http://www.nabble.com/Date-formatting-in-widget-forms-to5037385.html#a5037385

Can anyone share some tricks? :-)

- Aray

Re: Date Time format - global override?

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
There is no global setting. You can format date/time strings using UEL:

http://api.ofbiz.org/org/ofbiz/base/util/string/UelFunctions.html

-Adrian