Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by John Patterson <jd...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/03 19:06:45 UTC

Re: users, please give us your opinion: what is your take on generics with Wicket

Just started using the half-way approach and I really miss the type safety of
generified Component.

1) Generifying* Wicket
   [X] Can best be done like currently in the 1.4 branch, where models
and components are both generified. I care most about the improved
static type checking generified models and components give Wicket.

2) How strongly do you feel about your choice above?
   [X] Whatever choice ultimately made, I'll happily convert/ start
using 1.4 and up.