Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Aram Mirzadeh <aw...@luers.qosina.com> on 1997/01/28 15:48:14 UTC

[BUG]: "PASV error" on Linux (fwd)

I can't seem to reproduce this... but it might be a good thing to check
into... just to make sure.

<Aram>

niki@inet.bg said:
> From nobody@hyperreal.com  Mon Jan 27 14:44:20 1997
> From: niki@inet.bg
> To: awm@qosina.com
> Date: Mon Jan 27 11:45:13 1997
> Subject: [BUG]: "PASV error" on Linux
>
> Submitter: niki@inet.bg
> Operating system: Linux, version: 1.2.28
> Version of Apache Used: 1.2b4/1.2b6
> Extra Modules used: mod_proxy
> URL exhibiting problem:
>
> Symptoms:
> --
> i'have following message in logs/error_log
>
> proxy: error setting PASV debug option
>  - setsockopt: Operation not permitted
>
> when trying to connect with every ftp server
> (such as ftp.funet.fi) trough proxy.
>
> this only happens if the apache running
> as non-root user.
>
> --
>
> Backtrace:

/*
 * Aram Mirzadeh, MIS Manager, Qosina Corp. http://www.qosina.com/~awm/
 * Apache Development Team, awm@hyperreal.com http://www.hyperreal.com/
 * PGP Key - http://www.qosina.com/~awm/pgpkey.html
 * BE 49 9D F6 2A A7 22 FC  02 E9 1E 3D F7 0C 67 A0
 *
 * The wise man doesn't give the right answers, he poses the right questions.
 * 							--Claude Levi-Strauss
 */