Posted to users@maven.apache.org by William Mee <wm...@epo.org> on 2004/07/20 13:59:08 UTC

Re: users Digest 17 Jul 2004 13:43:55 -0000 Issue 772

I have seen this syntax used in many plugins, and I also do not get it to
work. Seems like Jelly has a problem with the periods in the variable
names? To test if the pom id is empty, for example, I have to do the
following

      <!-- check that required information is there -->
      <j:set var="pomCurrentVersion" value="${pom.currentVersion}"/>
      <j:if test="${empty(pomCurrentVersion)}">
          <ant:fail>You must define currentVersion in your POM.</ant:fail>
      </j:if>

The test on pomp.currentVersion (${empty(pom.currentVersion)}) does not
work.

- Will

> ----- Message from Dan.Price@equifax.com on Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:26:
> 32 -0400 -----

> "Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>

> Re: Problems with if tests in plugins
>
> I've come across at least 2 plugins with the constructs I've documented
> (jetspeed and torque).  The question is, did they ever work as written?
Is