Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Shirley Cohen <sh...@cis.upenn.edu> on 2008/05/13 17:19:52 UTC

detailed documentation

Hi,

I was wondering whether there exists any detailed documentation for
developers who are interested in helping to fix and improve Hadoop?

Thanks,

Shirley

Re: detailed documentation

Posted by Brice Arnould <br...@vleu.net>.
Shirley Cohen a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering whether there exists any detailed documentation for
> developers who are interested in helping to fix and improve Hadoop?
Hi !

I'm a newbie too :-P. As such, I often look for easy things in
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP . There is a lot of thing to
do !
I always found people on the mailing lists ready to help when I had
questions. And you can asks me (via e-mail or jabber) if it's  an easy
one. I often don't dare to asks some of my dumb questions on a  public
ML, but since we're both beginners...

What else... something that surprised me is that a patch must go through
a very formal process in order to be applied. So if you fix a lot of
little things here and there (what I first wanted to do), you might end
up needing to declare many issues in Jira, except maybe if you feel that
you can group some of them in one issue.
A last thing : if you use eclipse, there is an ant target that generate
a project, it is called "eclipse-files".

Brice

PS:  I suppose you already know
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute  , but if you didn't, now
you do.
PPS: Please forbid me for my English (being French is not always easy),
and welcome ^^