Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Michelle Popovits <Mi...@worldinsure.com> on 2002/05/09 19:08:36 UTC

FOP and keep- * functions

I have read in various places that the keep- functions are not implemented
in Apache fop.

Is this slated to be in an upcoming release? If so, any idea when this might
be available to try?

Are there any reasonable work-arounds for different situations?

Example Scenarios:

a) In a table row when I have a cell that wraps around sometimes the wrapped
text will appear on the next page when that row starts as the last available
line of a page.

b) I have a fixed group of rows (say 5) in a table that I would always like
kept together, how to keep them from getting split up.

TIA,
Michelle

Re: FOP and keep- * functions

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Michelle Popovits wrote:
> Is this slated to be in an upcoming release? If so, any idea when this might
> be available to try?

The next release will probably be a maintenance release
without many major new features. Dont expect a release
based on the redesigned code soon.

> Are there any reasonable work-arounds for different situations?
The keep-with-(next|previous) properties work on table rows. This
will take care of your b) scenario. If you want to keep other stuff
toghether, like a heading and the first paragraph, an image and the
image caption or just some blocks, you can put the in a blind table
and use keep-with-next on the table rows.

J.Pietschmann