Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2004/09/22 12:02:46 UTC

Switch to Xalan for development?

Hi Lenya devs,

it is apparent that XSLTC is very sloppy when it comes
to stylesheet validation. For instance, it does not
complain about un-declared prefixes in an exclude-result-prefixes
attribute.

Additionally, Xalan provides better error messages.

Therefore I suggest to use (the interpreting) Xalan as the
default XSLT processor. For performance reasons, we
can still use XSLTC in release versions.

BTW, in contrast to XSLTC, Xalan supports incremental
processing. I didn't yet manage to make it work, but maybe
someone can make use of it.

FYI, I will use Xalan by default, so I'll complain if
you commit faulty stylesheets :)

-- Andreas