Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Heejong Lee <he...@google.com> on 2019/11/09 01:27:41 UTC

Revamping the cross-language validate runner test suite

Hi,

I'm working on revamping the cross-language validate runner test suite. Our
current test suite for the cross-language transform is incomplete as it
only has tests for Wordcount, DoFn, basic Count and basic Filter
transforms. My plan is, in addition to our existing set of tests, to add
all primitive transforms to the suite like GroupByKey, CoGroupByKey,
Combine, Flatten and Partition.

The link for the design doc is attached. Please feel free to comment.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xQp0ElIV84b8OCVz8CD2hvbiWdR8w4BvWxPTZJZA6NA/edit?usp=sharing

Re: Revamping the cross-language validate runner test suite

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@google.com>.
Thanks for the doc Heejong. I believe this effort will allow us to keep
cross-language transforms feature healthy for various SDK combinations by
providing clear test signals.

Thanks,
Cham