Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/07/17 05:56:17 UTC

[Ws Wiki] Update of "ReportForJul2007" by DineshPremalal

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by DineshPremalal:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/ReportForJul2007

  Status report for the Web Services Project

  === Notable Happenings ===
+

  === Code Releases [since the last report] ===

@@ -135, +136 @@

  [1] http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/Axis1%2e5ReleasePlan

+
+
+ = Apache Axis2/C =
+ Apache Axis2/C is an effort to implement Axis2 architecture in C. Apache Axis2/C can be used to provide and consume Web Services.
+
+ === Notable Happenings ===
+ We completed WS-Policy implementation (Neethi/C) for Axis2/C. And its security policy implementation for Rampart/C. WS-Eventing implementation (Savan/C) is improved a lot in last month. With improvements in Guththila parser Axis2/C engine able to operate two times faster than its earlier speed.Developers agreed to adopt apr versioning guidelines to Axis2/C also.
+
+ === Code Releases [since the last report] ===
+ No Issues
+
+ === Legal Issues ===
+ No Issues
+
+ === Cross-Project Issues ===
+ No Issues
+
+ === Problems with committers, members, projects etc? ===
+ No Issues
+
+ === Miscellaneous ===
+ Apache Axis2/C project got well accepted by users and got new momentum after its 1.0.0 release in 06th May 2007. We are getting  good user interactions in mailing lists and getting new contributions. Two GSoc projects undergoing for Axis2/C. Namely Mail Transport Implementation for Axis2/C and JSON implementation for Axis2/C.We are going to release Axis2/C 1.1.0 near future, didn't start release process yet.
+